Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday ride

Sunday Ben and I got up with Daniel to give him his birthday presents, and then we got some (false) information about ducks coming in over the river. So we cut bamboo and drove down to the camp so we could ride out in the boat and sit in the honey hole. No ducks came, we got bored, so we went to the camp. We were just loading the boat up so we could go to Pizza Hut (think that was Daniels idea...idk) when we heard voices across the river. I heard men, but the only voice I could make out clearly was Ruby, trying to seduce those boys into coming across the river...
It worked, when we parked the boat and walked over this is what we saw across another little creek. Their Sunday truck ride met up with our boat ride...


I love the reflections in the water (you can still see Duck and Ruby even though that stupid skinny tree got right in my way). And Debra is pointing out the lovely face I made sticking out my tongue in one of her pictures from Saturday.


Duck and Ruby walked back to the truck hand in hand.
"A love story" says Paul.


Diesel swam across the river to get to us (again) and that water gets pretty fast over there next to the dam. He is such a sweet boy.

2 comments:

  1. It was so nice to see you guys! What luck, us being on one side and yall being on the other at the same time! And yall having a boat to come see us on our side. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It was perfect timing! I'm glad we got to see ya'll some more too!

    ReplyDelete