Monday, January 12, 2009

The OTHER side of the creek!

Janice needed some adventure after her afternoon with Mrs. June Cleaver and her Cinderella house, so we went back up the slew to show her what we found. Decided to see if we could go around the other (east?) side to get a different view of the spring.

This is probably one of the coolest trees ever, growing off the stump of another old tree. I don't know if anyone saw this but me and Mark, everyone was pretty distracted with finding a way around the muck.

What a lovely bridge Dale and Duck built us! Scratch wasn't so sure about testing it though...


Debra & Scratch found the way across another soggy place, these dead trees are awfully convenient!


Debra had to get over there first, to be ready with the camera in case anyone ended up taking a swim!


See...we have to be ready to document things, lol, even silly bridge crossings.


Ruby cleared the branches out of the way (Debra and I just stepped over them, Ruby is more helpful) and Mark was using that stick on Ruby's back for balance. I don't know if he was balancing himself or her...?!


Dale carried Sarah across, and Janice & Duck weren't far behind.


I loved the roots on this tree. They were just too cool!


It was getting dark, and my camera needed the flash so the iso didn't slow so much...but I loved this picture anyway. Sarah and Janice are be-boppin along- but Debra is just laughing there with no movement. (lol, love you Deb!)


They couldn't decide if we needed to go forward or back...


Turned around just in time to get Mark easing through those branches, good stuff.


Sarah hates having her picture taken, but on the bridge she had no choice! There was no where to hide! (She did tell me she was going to punch me later for this...)


Janice gave up on shoes when her flip-flops got bogged down and did more flopping than flipping. She was a bare-footed wild-woman from then on. Here she's going back on the log to rescue Ruby.


Getting across safe, just needed a little help from a friend!


What's that?! An elusive Sarah Smile?!
Oh yea, I got one!! And I don't think she even knew I snapped this pic!


Here she comes to punish me for taking her picture. I promised her that they were all very cute, I still got a couple quick shots to the kidneys, but she didn't demand that I delete them- so we're good!


This did not make her happy either, she let me take this one so I could show how muddy she got.


I got pretty muddy too, but now we were headed back across the creek to show Janice the spring and the still!

3 comments:

  1. we look like a bunch of luncatics but we sure were having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do look pretty ridiculous, I was just thinking that this morning. But I think we all had a really good time! I'm glad you made it there for the second part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Lydia, cause we would not have gotten all wet,dirty, sticks in our feet, etc. etc. Had a Blast!

    ReplyDelete